SoBig.F Worm Virus Information and Removal Help
|What is SoBig.F Worm and How Did
I Get It?
The details of the email are
<any of the following:>
When constructing the email, the worm spoofs the From field using an email address that it has obtained from the system or it uses firstname.lastname@example.org as the From address.
The message body contains:
The attachment is one of the following
The worm stops spreading via network shares on September 10, 2003.
Go to the following link for more information about what SoBig.F will do:
How to Clean/Delete the SoBig.F worm?
Follow these steps in removing the SoBig.F worm.
1) Disconnect from the Internet or any network you are connected to, you may also want to disable System Restore on Windows XP or Windows ME before continuing
2) Terminate the running program
2) Remove the Registry entries
Repeat this procedure for the following Registry key as well
3) Delete the infected files
4) Reboot the computer and run a thorough virus scan using your favorite antivirus program.
For Automatic Removal of the SoBig.F worm, download the removal tool from Symantec
Removal of Other SoBig worm viruses
|Recommended Software for PC Hell Visitors|
iolo System Mechanic®
Emsisoft Anti Malware