What is UPDMGR.EXE?
The UPDMGR.EXE file is most commonly
associated with EUniverse's KeenValue software, however Earthlink Total
Access uses a similarly named file in its installation package. The
KeenValue software version is generally located in the following
c:\program files\common files\updmgr\
and if you are using Hijackthis
, you will spot the following entry associated with KeenValue.
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [updmgr] C:\Program Files\Common files\updmgr\updmgr.exe
The file updmgr.exe is an updater program for EUniverse's programs
KeenValue, IncrediFind, and PerfectNav. In prior versions of Kazaa,
Keenvalue was installed. Although these programs have now been
discontinued by EUniverse, you should still remove this file from your
How do I Remove UPDMGR.EXE?
Because the file is
running in the background of Windows, the best way to completely
eliminate it is to proceed with a removal process in Safe Mode
1) Start Windows in Safe Mode by pressing F8 as the computer is booting and choosing Safe Mode
2) Open My Computer and double-click on Drive C, Program Files, Common Files. In this directory, you'll find the updmgr folder.
3) Right-click on the UPDMGR folder and delete it from your system. Then close the windows and return to your desktop.
4) Click on Start, Run and type REGEDIT and press Enter.
5) In the Registry Editor click the pluses(+) next to the following keys
6) In the right-hand column, find the entry for UPDMGR, right click on it and delete it.
7) Close the Registry Editor and reboot your computer